CARHA Hockey is proud to support Canada’s Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC) on their ‘Mom’s Got Game‘ initiative.
Research shows that when mom participates in sport and physical activity, the whole family wins!
Did you know…
- When Moms are active, kids are active
- When Moms are active, girls are less likely to drop out of sports
- When Moms are active, they cope better with the challenges of motherhood
- When Moms are active, they feel better about themselves
- When Moms are coaches, children have active and powerful female role models
- When Moms are coaches, they gain quality time with their children
Celebrate #MomsGotGame and share a story with CARHA Hockey about a mom who inspires others through active living. This could your own story (if you’re a mom), your mom, partner, or another mom or mother figure’s story (family or friend). How do they stay active? Trying a sport for the first time or part of an organized league; coaching or training; encouraging walks, hikes, or bike rides with family?