CARHA Hockey Game Changers Gender Equity Campaign
Official Contest Rules
- Sponsor. The CARHA Hockey Game Changers Gender Equity Campaign (“Contest”) is sponsored by the Canadian Adult Recreational Hockey Association (“CH”).
- Eligibility. To be eligible to win, a person must be a resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority at the time of entry in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides and who is not an employee (or a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or a person with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not)), agent or representative of (i) the Sponsor, its affiliated companies or agents, or their respective advertising or promotional agencies or (ii) the independent contest organization. In these Official Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner and/or spouse. Should a minor be nominated and chosen by random draw as a winner, the prize would go by default to their parent and/or legal guardian. This person must also be a resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority at the time of entry in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides and who is not an employee (or a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or a person with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not)), agent or representative of (i) the Sponsor, its affiliated companies or agents, or their respective advertising or promotional agencies or (ii) the independent contest organization. In these Official Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner and/or spouse.
- Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins on May 24th, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. EDT and ends on June 22nd, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EDT (“Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
- How to Enter. To enter the Contest, submit a short writeup (up to 250 words) to the Contest page on detailing how the funds can be used towards personal development or in support of a new or existing program (related to hockey). Submission, with optional photo, can be submitted through thenextstride.ca or e-mailed to email@example.com. All entries are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning the Contest. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
- Contest Prizes. There are three (3) grand prize available to be won (“Grand Prize”) which is three (3) amounts of $1000.00 (CAD). The prize will go towards the winners’ programming or personal development that supports gender equity. It is recognized that these criteria will not apply with equal force to all entries or initiatives. Therefore, the criteria will be applied with appropriate consideration for the type of initiative or entry received. While winners will have the ability to choose where the cash prize is directed, CARHA Hockey reserves the right to make the final decision in its sole discretion.
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of the Prize. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and has no cash value. The Prize or any portion of the Prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if the Prize is unavailable at the time of award.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
- Skill-testing Question. Prize winner will be required, as a condition of winning the Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Sponsor.
- Winner Selection and Confirmation. On June 23rd, 2023 at 9:00am EDT at 1420 Blair Towers PL #610, Gloucester, ON K1J 9L8 (“Draw Date”) the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before Contest End Date and select the potential winner (“Selected Entrant”). Selected Entrant will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If the Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (“Winner Release”); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrant will be notified within ten (10) business days of the contest draw and will be contacted by e-mail provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to three (3) attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrant within thirty (30) days following the draw. If Selected Entrant does not or cannot accept the Prize they shall forfeit the Prize and a new Selected Entrant shall be selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. A signed copy of the Sponsor’s Winner Release must be received by the Sponsor no later than sixty (60) days from the Draw Date. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive Selected Entrant’s response.
If the identity of the Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address entered at the time of entry (Authorized Account Holder). The Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
- Release and Indemnification. To be declared the winner of the Contest, the Selected Entrant must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the Prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of the Prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of entries by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or the Prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of the Prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded the Prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting the Prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of the Prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
- Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
- Publicity and Entrant Information. By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
- Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.